We realize that we haven't posted anything about Audrey and our family in ages. Nothing and everything has been going on. We've torn out our deck, are busily growing veggies and fruit in our garden, and I've been consumed with researching plants and landscape ideas for the rest of our yard. It's been so much fun but it's been time consuming. We've got so many unfinished projects it's mind-numbing. I love it, but it drives Brian crazy! Professionally, we have been slammed. For him it's a good thing--we were a little worried for a while, but work has picked up and he's had several projects. Unfortunately that's meant that he's he's been out well after Miss Audrey P has fallen asleep, so he goes in and whispers his wishes for her as she sleeps. I've been busy wrapping up another school year as well as my time at my beloved La Jolla Elementary. In many ways, I'm sad about leaving, but in others I'm looking forward to a chance to make a fresh start, meet new people, and spend time with the Gerz. I've been doing a lot of packing and reorganizing. I've accumulated a mountain of materials over the last five years.
Audrey is wonderful. She continues to astound, amaze and fill our hearts to overflowing. Even though we hate getting up in the morning, when we hear her babbling or kicking, we have a ritual of going into her room together and singing the "Good Morning" song. We have made up endless other songs for this girl, including a couple of variation to Big Girls Don't Cry,--"Big Girls Don't Rub their Eyes," "Big Girls Have Chunky Thighs," etc, etc. We also have a lyrical version of Ride of the Valkyries that she recognizes and enjoys. Audrey is one busy girl. She loves to play with everything, and puts it all in her mouth. Her favorite toys are her keys, her stacking blocks, and anything that sings or vibrates. She is a major daddy's girl and smiles every time she hears Daddy come home, even after spending the whole afternoon as a fussy girl with mom.
Her culinary repertoire has expanded quite a bit. She now eats almost everything--quinoa, blueberries, edamame, papaya, and most recently, chocolate. She's so worldly isn't she? Here are some pictures of her most recent discovery. We went out to celebrate Greg, Judy, and Eric's birthdays and she got her first chocolate. She went through these discernible phases that were priceless--from unsure to curious to excited to ecstatic. After she came down from her high, she spent the next few minutes smiling and laughing. Such a wonderful experience to have shared with our family. I have instructed her Grandpa not to let that give him any ideas. Here are some pictures.
The Uncertainty
Bummed about the delay but so impressed with AP's food choices! It took me 28 years to discover quinoa! Good luck with everything next week - I may be headed that way. Will let you all know. Take care,
ReplyDeletelove Lindsay M.