Today Miss Audrey went to see her pediatrician, Dr. Nakahara, for a checkup. Every day she resembles her mother as a baby (and adult) more and more in that her thigh rolls continue to get thicker and more numerous. Sweet meat was what we used to call it. She weighed in at a healthy 13.5 pounds and is 25 inches long. Hers is the only weight gain I think I could actually be giddy about, and I am since it's been a long road of 2am feedings and ceaseless pumping to get her there. Go Audrey!
The rest of her exam went really well. She's an extremely healthy and exuberant baby. I was nervous about her first round of shots, well, more concerned that she might blow out a vocal cord screaming, but it wasn't that bad.
Both Barbara and Judy (Brian's mom and stepmom) have accompanied me to doctors appointments and have been lifesavers. Thank you!! At first, I thought it would be great just to have an additional set of ears in the room to ensure that we were understanding the same things the same ways especially since Brian is convinced that I misconstrue, elaborate, and exaggerate everything when talking to him. I do admit to not being completely rational when I'm on the receiving end of semi-scary news about my daughter's health. It has turned out though, that the biggest benefit to having another adult with you is having a screaming baby holder/consoler. Doctors seem to always impart the most important information at the end of your visit, when Audrey is inevitably screaming and crying because she has been poked and prodded for the half-hour prior. On both occasions, I have thought, "How would I have done this without them?" Having a screaming baby holder has allowed me to actually listen to what the doctor is saying and that's a good thing.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment