Monday, February 1, 2010

Back to School

Well, today was our first day in hyperdrive and we made it! We got up at an ungodly hour--5:30am. (I know that several of you do this on a regular basis, but we're snoozers and generally stay up until 11ish). Brian dropped Audrey off at daycare successfully, although he had a tough time saying goodbye.

I went back to work and my first day with the kids was wild. I've certainly got some spirits to crush. ;) I've really got a cute class but forgot how much kindergartners keep you on your toes. I had zero down time. I spent my lunch break juggling a breastpump, scissors, and a ham sandwich while my students relentlessly banged on the door for me to let them in.

One of my students told another teacher that it was a great day except that I did a lot of things the wrong way. Overall, I consider that a pretty spot on assessment.

I picked AP up at 4 and we came home, played, and then she went to sleep for the night at 5:30. She had a big day too I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for back to school! Glad you all made it in one piece:) The kids here have a big run of snow days going on but I guess you all don't have to worry about that. Take care!

    Lindsay M.

    ReplyDelete