Hello Everyone!
Mom here.
One of the benefits of teaching is 'spring break.' Unfortunately, I'm not one to take the term literally. I was looking forward to a relaxing week to bond with the girs, but since she takes 2 naps a day and goes to bed at 7, I figured that I could at least squeeze in cleaning out the garage, painting the kitchen cabinets, building and filling our garden boxes, and planting them with veggies and flowers so that they'd be ready for a nice early summer harvest. I figured that getting those things done would be no problem, and I was well on my way, but sometime at around 1:00am on Thursday, while I was in our garage drilling wood together for our garden boxes, my back decided it had other plans and completely gave out on me. I should have known better...nothing good happens after midnight. I don't usually find myself up past 10, but Brian was out of town on business and I was on a mission to complete all of the tasks I had set forth for myself. Besides, I don't get anything done house-wise when Audrey is awake, so I thought I'd try to catch up. I couldn't start to count the projects that I have started that remain unfinished now that she's around. She really knows how to make the ADD flare. Her preciousness makes up for it all though.
I just need to make peace with all the chaos because it's here to stay! My mother-in-law Barbara has a drawing in one of the bathrooms in her house with a quote that has always struck me:
"There are lives I can imagine without children
but none of them have the same laughter and noise."
I wouldn't trade the noise for anything, but it's definitely taken some getting used to.
So, anyways I was in agonizing pain on our garage floor, and had a lot of trouble getting up. I even said "I've fallen and I can't get up!" a couple of times as a bad joke to my audience of no one. I almost panicked since it was 1 am and I didn't know if I would be able to care for Audrey let alone get to her. I took a few minutes to regroup and crawled to the kitchen to make a bottle for later. I managed to get up and hobbled to bed and fell asleep.
I felt marginally better on Friday, and since we had paid for childcare for the week, I dropped AP off and went to the doctor. She prescribed some exercises and told me to see a chiropractor, increase my calcium and water intake, and to not pick up anything over 5 pounds (Audrey in the meantime, has been busy eating her way through life, and is now tipping the scales at a portly 20 pounds).
Fortunately for the Gaze girls, Brian came home later that day, unfortunately for him though, he came home to a train wreck. Audrey was her usual self, although in need of entertainment that I clearly was not providing. I was virtually an infant myself, and an irritable one at that, taking tips from my daughter as I barked orders for attention, food, toys (i.e the remote control), although it didn't have the effect I was hoping for. Brian also had the pleasure of acting as my 'closer,' Finishing my boxes, and cleaning up after us.
(I'm writing this a week later and I'm doing much better now :))
Audrey's first Easter came and went. It wasn't the momentous occasion we'd hoped for, but it was still fun. We were planning on going to Brian's mom's and stepdad's house, but I didn't think I'd make it in a car for that long. We had a mellow day at our house instead.
The Easter Bunny came of course, and brought Audrey her very first Easter Basket. The Easter Bunny made much nicer baskets for me when I was little, but this year, he was a little under the weather as well. Thankfully, Grandma Pleu sent a package to supplement what the Easter Bunny got for her. Good thing Audrey won't remember this one. She might have thought she'd been bad or something.
Here is Audrey's Easter Basket. Easter Bunny Pleu is responsible for 90% of the goods.
Wouldn't miss the opportunity to don the Easter Bunny Panties
Was that me or was it an earthquake? (More than likely, both. There was an Earthquake in Mexicali (about 100 miles from us) measuring 7.2 on the Richter Scale, and Audrey is always shaking things up).
Audrey decided that she was ready to sit up all by herself like a big girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment