Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break with Mommy

Finally, my first blog post. I've been so slammed lately between eating, sleeping and playing that I have had NO time to say hello to you. Hello you!

Mommy and I are in the middle of spring break. She says we're like two peas in a pod. We've had so much fun together that she's already got the 'back to work blues' even though it's only Wednesday. She says that our time together makes her realize how much she misses me during the day when she's at work.

We've been having so much fun this week.

Mommy says that you can do a lot of things on spring break. And we have.

We've been spending time with friends and family. . .

I finally got to meet my aunties Onnalee and Mary, who came in from New Jersey. They have been so thoughtful and sweet to me my whole life, and I love them very much. I really wish they didn't live so far away. They really know how to show a baby a good time and they spoil me rotten too.

I got to spend time with Christina and Chris. Christina likes to read about me, so here's a pic of us. Mommy and Daddy don't have lots of time to hang out with friends, so this was special. When I went to bed, they had cocktails, whatever those are.



Mommy says you can do spring cleaning too. . .

Here I am helping mommy paint the cabinets.

And I helped clean the house too
Mommy says that spring break is also a time to relax and enjoy yourself:

We went for walks in the neighborhood...


I tested out the new lawn and drooled all over my clothes since I'm teething.
I tried drinking from a cup...


And I ate WAY too much!
I missed my daddy too.

He's in wine country on business. Mommy says she's jealous but I don't know why. What's the big deal about wine? Now, if it were dairy country, THEN I would understand. Speaking of dairy, mommy figured out a way to get me to lift my head up, which is the hardest thing to get me to do, and one of the things I need to practice. She put me on my Boppy on my tummy, gave me a taste of my bottle and then dangled it over my head. Well, I'm just like my mommy--I'll do almost anything for dairy products. I'm happy to lift up my head for the sweet soul-satisfying sensation that milk gives me!!



At the end of our long days together, we like to take long, relaxing baths. I don't look relaxed here but I am. Promise!

Well, it's past my bedtime. I'll talk to you again soon!

Love and Kisses, XOXOX Audrey Pearl XOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Eating too much and drooling - LOVE IT!! AP - you are WAY too excited about that duster - it's soft touch is the only good thing about it:) You'll understand when the first list of chores gets passed down! So glad you guys are having such a good break,

    Lindsay M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plants on the ground! Plants on the Ground! Lookin' like a home with the plants on the ground! I know that's the other post, but I don't want to get carried away.

    That pic of her after eating is adorable! So cute! She's getting SO BIG! Nice work on getting her to hold her head up.

    Hope everyone's feeling better. Let me know if you want some help.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete