Newly hatched, just one day old
In your snowsuit ready to brave those brutal 50 degree temperatures of Decembers in San Diego.
Looking sophisticated in your new (old) specs.
You're a bathing beauty in February on our back deck.
You've come a long way baby!!!Okay, so we've been a little busy...with work, a string of visitors, social engagements, and doctor's appointments. We've been having fun, but feeling a little pressed for time so the blog has taken a backseat.
Weekends, however, are for the Gerz. We both miss her so much during the workday so it's so great to have the uninterrupted time with her on Saturdays and Sundays. We love to get her up in the morning and put her into the bed with us. She actually will sleep in with us. Such an angel.
She's getting so big. She's definitely growing up faster than we're ready for her to. She's sitting up with support, holding her bottle, and eating solid foods. Is it wrong for me to not want her to get teeth? That's such a sign of maturity that I'm just not ready for. I'm already thinking about how I'm going to miss her gummy smile. I just made her a batch of green beans for the week and I've been feeding them to her and having to cut her off for fear that she'll get a tummy ache from eating so many in one sitting. I'm so happy that she loves them. She's such a chip off the old block (my mom maintains that she had to clean the green beans out of the folds of my thighs as a baby because I loved them so much). And I'm so happy that she's been a good eater.
As a result, Audrey has grown quite rotund over the last few weeks. Brian jokes that she's only 6 months old and she's already having trouble fitting into a bathing suit. When I was pregnant, I bought her a precious one piece for her to wear on her beach debut. I took it out a couple of weeks ago and it was clear that it would be hopelessly too small for her even though it was a 6 month size. I had to go out and get her a big girl bikini so that her curves would have somewhere to go. I hope it will at least get her through the summer.
It's so hard to believe, but next Saturday Audrey will be 6 months old. Where has the time gone? They have been the busiest, most hectic, but most wonderful months of our lives. We're hoping to take her out for her first beach day to celebrate (weather permitting). We're so blessed to have such a healthy, beautiful baby girl. Being her parents has really given Brian and I a healthy dose of perspective on the important things in life and that has enriched us so much. Parenthood is such a gift.
Hello all - love the pictures! Once you get her to the beach, keep an eye on her - I went for a scoopful of sand when the folks weren't looking:)
ReplyDelete