For some reason I (Brian) have had that song in my head over the last few days as I was dreaming up today’s post, in part to celebrate Audrey’s first time sleeping thru the night, but since the John Lennon song starts with a textbook “bad saxophone solo,” I’m going to spare all 3 people that read this blog the horror of having to listen to the youtube clip. Rest assured, it’s awful…
Anyway, ‘twas quite an eventful week for the little lady. As mentioned, she slept through the night for the first time last night, from 10:30-7:30 without once waking her parents. We were, in a word, thrilled. Time will tell how often she does this, but we are pretty excited about getting a full 8 hours again. Keep it up, little one!
(Ashley's note: I have to remark on the inaccuracy of the previous statements as I was up twice making sure she was still breathing. We are, however, inching towards her inevitable transition to her own room, and maybe my nocturnal fears will be eased when I can't hear every gurgle, gag, and gasp coming from the bassinet at my side.)
Audrey went up to Grandma Babs' house this weekend, and she visited her first punkin patch, and spent some time with her dad and Uncle Eric up in the mountains (well, mainly she waited in the car while Dad picked up a backpacking permit from the Ranger Station). Mom got herself a very cool Halloween pedicure, and Dad spent some time in Grandpa Jerry’s woodshop working on a few projects. Audrey also got fitted for her Halloween costume, but I’m not going to ruin the surprise on that one just yet.
(Ashley's note: I would also like to say that Brian called me from Forest Falls (the mountains) and asked me if he should be concerned that Audrey might get ear problems from her altitude climb of 4000 feet. He had her suck on a pacifier just in case her ears got clogged up).
Stay tuned for more updates, we kinda like this once a week thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment