Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The blog, it is a changin'

Brian here, just wanted to get everyone up to speed on a couple changes that you may notice in the next few days and weeks. We've heard from LOTS of people that they read this blog pretty regularly, but we've also noticed that nobody really leaves comments.

We really encourage you to do so, as we'd like to have some kind of a record to show Audrey when she's old enough to understand all of this, and plus, we like the dialogue. To that end, we changed a setting to allow anonymous comments so you don't have to register a blogger name to post. If you want to leave a comment anonymously, feel free, but don't hesitate to identify yourself in the message.

Also, I added a little widget or two to the front page to kinda spruce the thing up a bit. I have always been fascinated by blogs that have those little visitor maps, so I added one of those.

There are going to be some other big things happening in the next couple weeks that I, for one, am pretty excited about, but I want to keep those under wraps for the time being. Anyway, I think we could all use a little levity around these parts, and in the theme of the title of this post, I'll leave you with this little number from 1975, which I think strikes a perfect tone for me, lyrically.

The whole album is great if you haven't heard it, in 30 years or otherwise...;) I looked all over for a youtube video of the Rolling Thunder Revue version from 1975 that came out a few years ago, but no luck, so this will have to do for now...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley. I'm one of those who reads your blog on a regular basis but has been too lazy to create an account.(Marcia) I love reading about the progress and think of you and your beautiful fam often. I am disappointed for the unexpected change of plans in your life. Yet extremely happy and excited for your family for I know that there are so many joys in store for you. The different things that you will enjoy and appreciate every day that we all take for granted. The small and big miracles that Audrey will bless this world with leave me speechless and eager with anticipation to witness. I also believe that of all the parents to have with these change of plans you two are the best to have. Many others would wallow and you have armed yourself with so many resources it amazes me. I have yet to create my full village and you seem way ahead of me. Thanks for sharing your life with us and providing a means for us lazy ones to participate. Love the Branny family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific!! Absolutely terrific. I'm buying the album (cd, whatever) today! You two continue to amaze me daily! And, I agree with the above comment: of all the parents to have these change of plans, you two are the BEST!! Audrey's Army Mascot, Toby, and I are right in step with you! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX MOM

    ReplyDelete