Audrey and mommy had a busy day today! This morning we had our weekly visit with Audrey's teacher Judi, who brought us more toys and activities to try. Judi also recently connected me with another family that she works with on a weekly basis and today we arranged to meet and have a playdate. Well, Audrey slept through most of it, but I had a great time! We met a lovely family who has two daughters. The 2 1/2 year old has a vision impairment, but that didn't appear to slow her down. She was such a brilliant, spirited, and beautiful little girl with so much energy and zest. She said things like "that startled me" and "I'm unruly"(--quite the vocabulary she's utilizing) and she danced and chatted through our entire visit. Her mom is also a wonderful resource for us and has been so open in sharing her experiences in parenting a child with unique needs. She told us that the first year of her daughter's life was the hardest with all of the doctor's appointments and interventions and emotions, but after that life normalized significantly and she doesn't think about it as much. That's so encouraging to us. We're looking forward to another date sometime next week.
We also stopped by the daycare that Audrey will be attending when I go back to work (boohoo!!). We dropped off diapers, extra clothes, and all of her other 'school supplies.' I'm taking Judi there on Monday to introduce her to the staff as she may be making some visits there to work with Audrey. Everyone there seems very willing to make accommodations for her, and say they will ensure that she gets lots of tummy time, lots of talking time, and keeps those hands out of her eyes. I don't go back to work until February 1, but I thought we'd ease her in to the routine next week by sending her there for half-days. We'll see how it goes!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment